SSL insecure content warning is a common problem in most of the sites that have payment gateways embedded. How to fix SSL insecure content warning ? is this issue is very important or not avoidable ? this will shows on all browsers ? and How this SSL insecure content warning appears on my site ? These are the common questions that comes on your mind.
Well, I will clear all doubts about SSL insecure content warning , First of all this will appear on (most cases) when a partially SSL integrated sites, like SSL enabled only on checkout pages or account sections. That doesn’t mean it will not appear on SSL fully integrated sites.
The common misunderstanding on SSL insecure content warning issue on browsers are follows.
- Pages that encrypted with SSL do not have any http:// links.
- This will not be a serious issue it will appear on all sites.
This warning issue will not display on all browsers mainly in IE and Chrome. Chrome is just showing a warning icon that may not even noticed by users. But the real issue is IE it shows a prompt to the user, it is really create a bad impression for users about the sites.
What is the risk SSL insecure content warning ?
The risk on this issue complicated and it depends on the case, how its happen on the site. The main reason for this issue is accessing non-ssl assets or libraries from other resources. Its little bit complicated hackers can access your keyboard events with this loophole if the library is loaded from any untrusted site or hackers sites. So its very important to make your site fully secured.
Why SSL insecure content warning on browsers ?
These are the following situations that create this SSL insecure content warning on browsers.
- Loading libraries from http or that not from SSL enables resource.
- The external assets are Js,Css,fonts or images.
How to fix the SSL insecure content warning ?
- Change all your resources that comes from non-ssl to SSL.
- The resources that are not available with SSL download and save to your server.
- The hype links with http or non-ssl will not be an issue for your webpages.
How to find SSL insecure content warning ?
- Using Chrome browsers you can identify what are the insecure contents, with inspect element option -> console or F12->console tab on windows.
- Using browsers debug tools will shows only external resources that from non-ssl. The another situation is loading assets from SSL and have link to non-ssl(like css files loading images from non-ssl).
- For the above situations you can use this tool it will help you to find inner non-ssl contents.
Hope this article will clear your doubts and fix the issue. Make sure you clients feels secure while using your site.