Change Windows7 startup screen image is really simple and funny, every one likes to add their custom images for the startup screen on Windows, Now the screen background changing is pretty simple. Just follow the instruction step by step .
- Open the Start menu and type “regedit” on the search bar.
- Then it will show seach result of regedit just click on the search result it will open a new window.
- Right click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and select Find option.
- Just type OEMBackground make sure you typed with case-sensitive. and search.
- The Search result have OEMBackground ( under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Authentication/LogonUI/Background. If the key does not exist, add a new DWORD value with the name OEMBackground. ).
- Just double click it and open up the window set the value from 0 to 1.
- Go to the windows system 32 directory normally C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe.
- Open up the Info folder (If not exists create One with name info).
- Open up the backgrounds folder (If not exists create one with name backgrounds).
- Place your Custom Image in this folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds).
- The image name must be backgroundDefault and its jpg format.
- Image should be less than 245KB and jpg format.
Another method is using third party software, Its also pretty simple and no need of install the software just run the app and change the image check this link. Its done! You simply change your default windows7 startup screen just logoff the current user and check the change!. Thanks for reading..